It is important to remember some key points when playing at Newtown Casino to avoid falling into any problem gambling traps. To ensure your play remains fun, remember the following:
How do I know if I have a problem?
Have a read through the questions below. These are industry standard and were conceived by some super smart University students. Most compulsive gamblers will answer ‘yes’ to the majority of these. Don’t worry if you answer yes to a few, that’s OK, it’s all part of gambling, but if you find yourself succumbing to most of them and would like to seek professional advice, we recommend visiting Gamblers Anonymous or GamCare.
- Have you ever taken time off work or university so that you can gamble?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Has gambling affected your reputation with friends and colleagues?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Have you ever gambled to win money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Has gambling caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing do you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win do you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Do you often gamble until your last pound has gone?
- Have you ever borrowed to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Are you reluctant to use “gambling money” for normal expenditures?
- Has gambling ever made you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Do you ever gamble longer than you have planned?
- Do you gamble to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Has gambling caused you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Do you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
If you have any questions about our responsible gambling policy or anything you’ve read here, please do get in touch with us. We’re here to help!